Developer: Zend Technology
First Appeared: 1995
File Extensions: .php
PHP is a server side scripting language designed for web development but also used as general purpose programming language. While PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, it now stands for the recursive acronym PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive web pages. The PHP language runs on the server side. This means that executions (read starting) of the scripts are done on the server where the website is hosted.History Of php :
PHP development began in 1994 when Rasmus Landorf wrote several Common Gateway Interface(CGL) program in C, which he used to maintain his personal homepage. He extended them to work with web forms and to communicate with databases, and called this implementation “Personal Home Page/ Forms Interpreter” or PHP/FI.
- PHP is a widely used, open source scripting language.
- PHP supports a wide range of database.
- PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS etc.)
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.
- PHP is powerful enough to be at the core of the biggest blogging system on the web.
- PHP can generate dynamic page content.
<html> <head> </head> <body> <?php echo “Hello World” ?> </body> </html>
-------- X --------