World's Mega Machine
# World's Biggest Digging Machine
Bagger 293, previously known as the MAN TAKRAF RB293, is a giant bucket-wheel excavator made by the German industrial company TAKRAF, formerly an East German Kombinat. It owns or shares some records for terrestrial vehicle size in the Guinness Book of Records. Bagger 293 was built in 1995, one of a group of similar sized 'sibling' vehicles such as the Bagger 281 (built in 1958), Bagger 285 (1975), Bagger 287 (1976), Bagger 288 (1978), Bagger 291 (1993), etc.
- The machine is 95 meters high and 215 meters long (almost 2.5 football fields in length).
- Weight is 45,500 tons (that's equivalent to a bumper to bumper line of jeeps 80 miles long)
- It took 5 years to design and manufacture at a cost of $100 million
- Maximum digging speed is 10 meters per minute
- Can move more than 76,000 cubic meters of coal, rock, and earth per day.
-------- X --------