World's Mega Machine
# World’s Largest Aircraft
Antonov An-225 Mriya
Antonov An-225 "Mriya" is the world's largest aircraft. This unique transport airlifter was designed and constructed during 1984-1988.An-225 "Mriya" ("Mriya" is Ukrainian word for "dream) is also capable to transport other oversized objects/cargo. It is not a military aircraft, but it could find many military uses, because of the ability to transport cargo that no other aircraft is capable to. There is nothing on Earth or in the air quite like the Antonov An-225.
Anotonov An-225 Mriya is powered by six turbofan engines and is the longest and heaviest airplane ever built, with a maximum takeoff weight of 640 tonnes. It also has the largest wingspan of any aircraft in operational service. Mriya had to become the first stage of the system of the aerial launch of a space ship, flying cosmodrome, from which a space shuttle with a tank having total mass of 170 t had to start to the orbit.
- Official Name: An-225
- MriyaWingspan: 290 ft. Length: 275 ft. 7 in. Height: 59 ft. 8-1/2 in.
- Cargo Hold: Length: 141 ft.; Width: 21 ft.; Height: 14 ft. 5-1/4 in.
- Engines: Six ZMKB Progress Lotarev D-18T turbofans each producing 51,590 lb. of thrustCrew: 7Max
- Takeoff Weight: 1,322,750 lb
- Max Payload: 551,150 lb
- Cruising Speed: 497 mph
- Max Speed: 528 mph
- Range With Max Payload: 2813 miles
- Range With Max Fuel: 9625 miles